Buddhist Community at Stanford (BCAS)
- Description: The Buddhist Community At Stanford (BCAS) was founded to support members of the Stanford community who are interested in learning about Buddhism and deepening their engagement with spiritual and contemplative practices in general. It provides a space for everyone, regardless of religious affiliation and prior experience or knowledge, to engage with and learn more about what many Buddhist traditions have to offer, and to develop spiritually nourishing friendships. Community comes first for BCAS, and so we aim to offer events and gatherings that, while they are rooted in Buddhist thought and practice in many ways, also reach out into other faith traditions, secular practices, and the realms of social and environmental justice and wellbeing. Most of all, we are a community of people interested in supporting one another's spiritual growth and awakening into the world around us, so regardless of your background, if those ideas interest you, we'd love to see you around!
- Social Media: The best way to reach us is to subscribe to our mailing list at https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/bcas-meditation by filling in the form on the page!
- Contact: (student) Sean (email@example.com)
Stanford Zen Society
- Description: The Stanford Zen Society is a student community devoted to the creation and cultivation of a platform to support meditation practice. We host group meditation sessions with professional teachers once a week in addition to other special programs such as guest lecturers and retreats.
- Social Media: www.stanfordzensociety.com