Visit Windhover Contemplative Center
Windhover is located in the heart of campus at 370 Santa Teresa Street, near the Papua New Guinea Sculpture Garden and Roble Hall.
Windhover is open to current Stanford University students, faculty and staff. The center is open 7:00 am - 7:00 pm every day of the year*.
Valid Stanford ID cards are required to enter the building, and each individual entering is asked to swipe his/her card. Guests are not allowed. For building maintenance or card access issues, please contact Jeanette Smith-Laws (650) 387-4885 or Efrain Magana (650) 799-1558.
- Note: Food and drink are not allowed inside the building.
Stanford alumni may visit Windhover by obtaining a building access card from the Frances C. Arrillaga Alumni Center (326 Galvez Street) front desk during business hours.
* Except during University holidays and University winter closure (December 21, 2019 through January 5, 2020). Holidays include Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Presidents' Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day and Thanksgiving break (November 28-29, 2019).
To sustain a quiet, contemplative environment, visitors are asked to not use their cell phones, laptops, tablets, cameras and other electronic devices while inside the building.
Free docent-led tours are offered every week at Windhover. Tours are offered on Saturdays at 11:00 am.*
- Please meet at Windhover's entrance door.
- Tours are open to the public.
- No reservations are required, but space is limited.
- Private tours are not available.
*Except during University winter closure. No tours on December 26 and January 2.