Buddhist Community at Stanford (BCAS)
- Description: The Buddhist Community At Stanford was founded to support members of the Stanford community who are interested in learning about Buddhism and deepening their engagement with Buddhist practices. BCAS provides a space for everyone, regardless of religious affiliation and prior experience or knowledge, to engage with and learn more about what the many Buddhist traditions have to offer, and to develop spiritually nourishing friendships.
BCAS is not affiliated with any particular lineage or school of Buddhism and welcomes all students, staff, faculty and friends who are interested in or just curious about any aspect of Buddhism. All our events are open to everyone, and require no prior meditation experience or knowledge of Buddhism. BCAS is committed to ceasing prejudice and injustice in our wider communities, and strives to put Buddhist principles of compassion and wisdom into practice in both our own programming and beyond.
- Social Media: https://bcas.stanford.edu/ (somewhat outdated). Subscribe to our mailing list by sending an email to email@example.com (blank subject and email body). Also visit Stanford's Ho Centre for Buddhist Studies at https://buddhiststudies.stanford.edu/.
Stanford Zen Society
- Description: The Stanford Zen Society is a student community devoted to the creation and cultivation of a platform to support meditation practice. We host group meditation sessions with professional teachers once a week in addition to other special programs such as guest lecturers and retreats. In the past, we have met in the Sanctuary Room on the third floor of Stanford Old Union. However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic our in-person meetings and sessions are on-hold. Instead we will host zoom sessions weekly led by our group's advisor Rebecca Nie. Members of all religious backgrounds are welcome.
- Social Media: www.stanfordzensociety.com
World Peace Buddhists
Buddhist: Sokka Gakkai
- Description: World Peace Buddhists (WPB) is a group of Stanford students practicing Nichiren Daishonin’s Buddhism. WPB members are interested in promoting peace, culture and education on campus and in the community based on Buddhist principles. Most members are a part of Soka Gakkai International.
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/StanfordWorldPeaceBuddhists/