Religious Observance Policy
The Office for Religious & Spiritual Life will host student religious services beginning April 15th, 2021 in accordance with University, county and state regulations.
University Sponsored Religious Services:
The Office for Religious & Spiritual Life will host some outdoor religious services throughout the spring quarter in accordance with state, county, and University policies.
- All events must be registered and approved through both EH&S and ORSL
- Stanford Associated Religions student organizations that wish to host a religious gathering must begin by completing this form.
- All worship services must be staffed by ORSL staff, Chaplain Affiliates, or Stanford Associated Religious Advisors registered with ORSL.
- All gatherings must be held outside. ORSL will work with students to determine the best space given the size and nature of the gathering.
- Gatherings can be up to 200 students.
- Student leaders will work with ORSL staff to devise a plan for maintaining community safety. Those plans must include:
- Participant registration and contact tracing protocols
- Campus Health Check and testing compliance
- Masking and social distancing
- Food and drink restrictions