Faith Resources for Election Support
- Election Support website: Stanford University site for links to election resources, policies, and events.
- Stanford Votes: Non-partisan, university-wide, student run organization to increase voter turnout. Click here to find out how to vote.
- A Prayer for the Election Season
- Election Day Labyrinth Walk
- Tuesday, November 3rd all-day with evening luminaries to light the way
- Windhover Contemplative Center Outdoor Labyrinth
- Virtual Labyrinth Meditation - For those not on campus, you can experience a virtual labyrinth walk with this video.
- Election Day Soul Care : Virtual drop in hours on Club Cardinal for pastoral care and spiritual support. All are welcome to meet with our staff and chaplains as you move through these days of uncertainty.
- Tuesday, November 3rd from 9 am to 5 pm PST
- Wednesday, November 4th from 9 am to noon and 1 pm to 5 pm PST
- Windhover Zoom Room on Club Cardinal
- Note: On Wednesday, you are invited to A Place for Peace at the noon hour.
- A Place for Peace: A multifaith service of meditation, prayer, and poetry to catch our breath and ground ourselves amid uncertainty. All are welcome.
- Music: Medicine for the Heart: A livestreamed concert featuring Stanford student musicians including Stanford Calypso, Raagapella, Talisman, and the Stanford Chamber Chorale.
- Wednesday, November 4th at 7:30 pm PST
- Livestream here
Election Resources from the Gandhi-King Global Initiative
- Choose Democracy
- International Center on Non-Violent Conflict
- Protect the Results
- East Point Peace Academy
- USF Institute for Nonviolence and Social Justice
- The 2020 Election Sanity Guide has meditations, podcasts and a newsletter to help us not get hooked in.
- How to deal with election stress: The American Psychological Association has these suggestions about how to cope.
- The Steve Fund is dedicated to the mental health and emotional well-being of students of color.
- Irresistible (formerly Healing Justice podcast) focuses on healing and inspiration for social justice leaders.
- The Black Emotional and Mental Health Collective offers a variety of social justice and mental health related resources.
- Here are some tool kits on Surviving and Resisting Hate from the Immigration, Critical Race, and Cultural Equity Lab.
- United We Dream’s Mental Health Toolkit for DACA and undocumented students.
- Liberate Meditation is a free meditation app created by and for the BIPOC community.